We are a Church of England Voluntary Aided School
A voluntary aided school (VA school) is a state-funded school in England and Wales in which a foundation or trust (usually a religious organisation), contributes to building costs and has a substantial influence in the running of the school.
VA schools are paid on a similar basis to other categories of school, but the governing body must usually pay at least 10% of the costs of capital work. Responsibility for work to VA school premises is shared between the school's governing body and the local authority (LA).
Hathersage St. Michael’s Church of England (Aided) Primary School
We aim, through our example, based on Christian values, to provide a happy, safe and caring atmosphere, which contributes to the spiritual, social and moral development of all children. This should enable them to achieve their full potential in all areas of school life.
Our school aims to provide:
- high quality teaching within a broad, flexible and creative curriculum;
- a wealth of experiences, both in and out of the curriculum, that enhance the pupils’ development of independence, health, personal & enterprise skills;
- a safe and caring environment where we respect each other;
- a climate in which everyone, pupils and staff, has a commitment to do their best;
- aspiration, praise and encouragement for all;
- a cheerful, friendly and enjoyable atmosphere;
- an inclusive approach, enabling every child to progress in all aspects of school life;
- a Christian example, where we respect and value both ourselves and others;
- opportunities to discover more about British values, different faiths and cultures.
Based on Christian values we want the children to:
- reach their full potential in all aspects of their learning and development;
- be at the centre of our caring school community;
- be prepared for life after school and their emerging involvement in the local and wider community;
- work together and co-operate for the benefit of everyone;
- behave well and become role models for each other;
- look after our school and the environment;
- be challenged and have fun.
We aspire to be an outstanding school
Learning Laughing Living