Mental Health & Wellbeing 2020
Department of Education Helpline - Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
The Derbyshire Mental Health Support line is for Derbyshire people of all ages
who are experiencing increased mental health needs during this period.
Call 0300 790 0596 between 9am and midnight every day of the week (low cost
You can also access support for mental health in a crisis on the derbyshire.gov.uk website.
If you, or anyone you know, is struggling with your mental health then the
Samaritans are on hand to speak to you at any time day or night. Call 116 123 for
free or email email@example.com
Remember - Be kind to yourself and to others, spread only kindness
Here are some outdoor activities that you can enjoy in your garden at home.
Mindfulness activities to try with children
- Relaxing music: E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1xExDWVF0
- Breathing buddies: children lay down with a soft toy resting on their tummy. Practise breathing in and out deeply from the stomach and either focus on watching the toy move up and down with each breath or close your eyes and feel the toy moving.
- Mindful release: demonstrate tightening muscles in face, hands, arms etc then releasing and letting go. Discuss how this could be used to release feels of anger and frustration.
- Drawing your breath: http://creativityintherapy.com/2017/08/drawing-your-breath-a-mindful-art-exercise/
- Doodling and zentangles: https://minds-in-bloom.com/try-zentangle-with-your-students/ discuss as a way of giving your mind a rest whilst you focus purely on what you choose to draw or doodle.
- Mindfulness colouring or dot to dots. (Lots of and lots of free ones on Twinkl (link below)
- “It’s good to talk” – discussing with family anything you are sad, angry or worried about. This could even start with a favourite teddy being the one who listens.
- “You’ve got a friend in me” – do something you love with your family! See how much of that joint time you can smile for!
- A favourite: GoNoodle!! www.gonoodle.com (works best in Google Chrome)
The following may also support with fun activities, physical challenges and wellbeing activities:
www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
LCF is making available its online resources for Primary FREE for the next 3 months.
Simply use the master promo code LCF2020sch to create a single user login at Babelzone (French/Spanish) Englishzone (games/Phonics) or MathsZone for any pupil or teacher.
Links to all these sites are on our homepage www.lcfclubs.com
BBC Bitesize is producing a series of lessons for online learning starting 20.4.20.
Times Tables Rockstars:
PE & Sport
Games and physical activities, ideas and challenges that children can do safely at home to help them remain physically active whilst also having fun will be posted daily here:
Play your favourite music and make up a dance for your whole family to join in: Street Dance, Line Dancing, Country Dancing, Disco.
Make your own instruments and perform a concert for your family.29.6.20 Derbyshire School Games Boccia Primary
Display your work in your window to make a gallery for others to enjoy and admire from afar.
To support parents and carers in keeping their children safe online while they are off school, www.thinkuknow.co.uk have produced two helpsheets with advice and links to Thinkuknow resources they can use at home.
Another useful website:
Parent Info is a collaboration between NCA-CEOP and Parent Zone.
Parent Info is a website for parents, covering all of the issues amplified by the internet. Its newsfeed function enables schools and family-focused organisations to host and share expert advice and information through their own websites.
Here is a link to RE lessons that can be done at home https://www.natre.org.uk/about-natre/free-resources-for-you-and-your-pupils/?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=free_home_learning_resources_for_you_and_your_pupils&utm_content=2020-03-20. There are a couple for KS1 and about 5 for KS2.
Collective Worship at Home
Recommended websites from the DfE to support home learning