Caretaker – Vertas Group Limited
£9.72 Per Hour, 30 Hours Per Week Monday - Friday 07:00am - 09:30am 15:00pm - 18:30pm
St Michael’s Primary School, Hathersage School Lane
Term time working - 44.6 Weeks Per Year
Are you a Caretaker with experience or would you like to be trained to be an exceptional Caretaker?
We can help. Would you like to work for a Company who are fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers? Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule?
If the answer is yes to the previous questions, your new opportunity is awaiting you; We're looking for a dedicated Caretaker at St Michaels Hathersage School Lane who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your experience, or to kickstart your career with extensive training in order for you to achieve your career goals.
About us: Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Behaviours:
The Caretaker will have:
- Great customer service and communication skills.
- Passion for sustainability.
- A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
- The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
- Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs.
- Making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly.
- Carrying out and recording basic checks and maintaining Health and Safety records.
- Monitoring site stocks.
- Demonstrating Health and Safety awareness and have a willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety (all training will be provided).
- Using DIY and having an ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating capably and you will follow a planned maintenance programme.
- Undertaking cleaning duties.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
- £9.72 per hour.
- Term Time working.
- Company pension scheme.
- Lifeworks Staff discount scheme.
- Job related training plus personal development opportunities.
- Mental Health First Aiders support.
- Employee Assistant Programme available 24/7.
- Virtual GP Facility.
- Smart Health Mental Health Support.
- Online health check and fitness programme