Catch Up Premium
Following the School Lock Down period during the Corona Virus Pandemic, schools should be using this funding for specific activities to support their pupils to catch up for lost teaching over the previous months, in line with the curriculum expectations for the next academic year.
While schools can use their funding in a way that suits their cohort and circumstances, they are expected to use this funding for specific activities which will help pupils catch up on missed education.
Funding for Catch Up Premium
School allocations will be calculated on a per pupil basis.
Mainstream schools will get £80 for each pupil in from reception to year 11 inclusive.
We will receive £10,400
How do we spend this funding?
We have employed additional Teaching Assistant hours along with local Supply Teachers to provide a targeted programme of Catch Up activities across the school. Barriers to Learning have been identified through assessments on our return to school. This has enabled us to formulate plans to address the specific needs of groups of children who are now benefitting from Catch Up Premium.
Catch Up Premium Expenditure covers:
- gaps in learning in number formation and recognition in KS1 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in phonics, word reading and comprehension in KS1 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in mental arithmetic in KS1 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in SPAG in KS2 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in reading fluency and comprehension in KS2 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in mental arithmetic in KS2 due to Lockdown
- gaps in learning in problem solving and reasoning in KS2 due to Lockdown
- pupil behaviour and attitudes - nurture programmes
Detailed strategies are maintained in school.