PARENT'S, TEACHER'S and FRIEND'S ASSOCIATION
Welcome to the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association of Hathersage St Michael's C of E (A) Primary School. We are an incredibly busy and friendly group who work hard to organise fundraising and social events for the school.
We welcome all offers of help including helping to organise events, manning stalls, making teas and donating goods or services. Please see committee members or regular letters home to see how you can best support our work.
How do we spend the funds raised?
Over the last few years the PTFA have provided:
- Reading books
- Phonics resources
- Funds for website development
- Class cameras
- Y6 Leavers books
- Projector and whiteboard for the hall
- Laptops and cases
- Nursery Storage
- French resources
- PE mats
- Assembly Audio Packs ( Songs)
- Guided Reading Books
- Wheelbarrows and gardening equipment
- Commemorative Buddy Bench
- Microphone and amplifier
Overview of PTFA Policies & Procedures
The PTFA is an independent voluntary organisation, consisting of parents, supported by friends, teachers and the school. Our purpose is to support the school in improving and augmenting the facilities already in place.
In order to achieve our purpose, the PTFA recognises that the:
- Money raised coming from PTFA events which are held in a safe and well-managed way.
- All PTFA profit is spent on improving experiences of pupils at the Hathersage St. Michael’s CE (A) Primary School.
- Committee members declare any interests that conflict with the PTFA purpose.
Holding events and dealing with finance means that there are risks to be managed & mitigated. The PTFA has therefore decided to adopt the following policies & procedures to ensure that our purpose is achieved, namely:
- Risk Management (Physical
- Risk Management (Financial)
- Conflict of Interests
- Complaints handling
- DPA protection for members
- Safeguarding children
Members of the PTFA Committee have agreed the above PTFA policies and procedures.
These policies will be available on the school web-site and all Committee members are responsible for making themselves aware of our duties and polices.
The PTFA will review our policies annually.
Amendments will be made on a simple majority of the Committee and in the event of a tie the Chairman will have a casting vote.